All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR in the context of Rant & Rave’s marketing activities.
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Rant & Rave collecting/processing their personal data.
All Employees/Staff of Rant & Rave who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Who are we?
Rant & Rave provides customer engagement solutions with a difference. Created with the belief that fundamentally brands and consumers want the same thing – to deliver and receive great service – half of the FTSE rely on the Rant & Rave platform to proactively communicate with and gather fast feedback from their customers. Rant & Rave are also the only customer engagement vendor in the UK to be ISO 27001 certified, the international standard that describes best practice for an Information Security Management System.
For further details on who we are please visit: https://rantandrave.com/us/about-us/
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling +44 (0)2476 011 911
- By secure document or message transfer https://sendsafely.rantandrave.co.uk/u/dpo
- By Mail:
Data Protection Officer
Millburn Hill Road
University of Warwick Science Park
Whilst the Rant & Rave DPO can be reached via email@example.com Rant & Rave highly recommends that sensitive messages or documents sent to the DPO are not sent as email attachments and the aforementioned secure transfer is used instead.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is listed in detail in Appendix A of this Privacy Notice.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Sending Data Subjects relevant information about Customer Experience
- Sending Data Subjects relevant information about Rant & Rave to promote our brand
The legal basis we use for processing of the personal and other data we hold are:
- Legitimate interests
In the absence of a Contract or Consent, Rant & Rave performs regular Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIA) on the data we hold to understand if we have a legitimate interest to continue to process that data.
We use approved third parties, vetted in accordance with the guidelines contained in the GDPR and other information security legislation.
Rant & Rave DOES NOT collect or process data defined as ‘special categories’ by the ICO such as: Racial; Ethnic origin; Political opinions; Religious beliefs; Philosophical beliefs; Trade union membership; Genetic data; Biometric data; Health data; Data concerning a natural person’s sex life or Sexual orientation.
By consenting to receive information from Rant & Rave you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified, normally for a minimum period of 12 months from the date of consent.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer via any of the contact channels defined above.
Rant & Rave will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the aforementioned purposes as part of the processing activities:
|Organisation name and Geographic Location||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data||Retrieve a copy of the safeguards in place here:|
|Hubspot / United States||EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework||https://legal.hubspot.com/dpa|
Rant & Rave will process personal data indefinitely whilst you are continuing to engage with Rant & Rave content and will store the personal data for one year after the last engagement with Rant & Rave content, after which it will be archived and be subject to our data retention policy.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review: in the event that Rant & Rave refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the Complaints statement below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Rant & Rave (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Rant & Rave’s Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||DPO Contact details|
|Contact Name||Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)||Rant & Rave DPO|
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Rant & Rave, will collect and use your personal data for the purposes of sending Data Subjects relevant information about Customer Experience and sending Data Subjects relevant information about Rant & Rave to promote our brand.
Why does Rant & Rave need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you Rant & Rave content we need to collect personal data for accurate, relevant and timely correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Rant & Rave share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Rant & Rave in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Rant & Rave’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Rant & Rave use the personal data it collects about me?
Rant & Rave will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Rant & Rave is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Rant & Rave contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Rant & Rave at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Rant & Rave does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Rant & Rave or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Rant & Rave accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested. We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
Once ID has been approved these records will not be retained.
To request information on your personal data please complete the [GDPR – Data Subject Access Request Record – Marketing] form and return to the Rant & Rave DPO as per the procedure defined in this document.
To learn more about how to make a Subject Access Requests please visit – https://rantandrave.com/subject-access-requests/
The Data Protection Officer is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
- Company Name
- Job Title
- First Name
- Last Name
- Website URL
- Mobile Phone Number
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Street Address
- Postal Code
- IP Address
- Challenge or Objective
- Marketing Activity Dates
- Event and Rant & Rave feedback
- Questions for Rant & Rave
- Contact channel preference
- Content Areas of interest
- Twitter Username
- Twitter Follower Count
- Twitter Profile Photo
- Most Recent Social Click
- Twitter Clicks
- Facebook Clicks
- LinkedIn Clicks
- Google Plus Clicks
- LinkedIn Bio
- Twitter Bio
- Broadcast Clicks
- LinkedIn Connections
- Klout Score
- Email Confirmation Status
- Sends Since Last Engagement
- Emails Delivered
- Email Opt Out Preferences
- Emails Opened
- Emails Clicked
- Emails Bounced
- Email history
- Number of Pageviews
- Number of Visits
- Number of events
- Page Visit History
- IP Country Code
- IP State Code/Region Code
- IP Timezone
- IP Country
- IP State/Region
- IP City
- Parent Company
- Number of child companies
- Facebook Company Page
- LinkedIn Company Page
- Reply (SMS/Email)
- NDA Returned Signed