Rant & Rave, the leader in real-time customer engagement technology today announces a partnership with Marks & Spencer (M&S) to enable an easier process of capturing feedback from customers. This partnership will support M&S’s transformation to become a digital-first business, a direct response to a highly competitive retail market, which is seeing consumers shift their purchasing habits online and look to engage with brands across multiple touch points.
The programme, which will be introduced into the retailer’s Customer Sales & Service Centres will be made up of the following Rant & Rave offerings:
- Voice of the Customer; which allows consumers to easily share their feedback via a multitude of channels, including email, web chat, SMS and Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and then analyses the sentiment of the responses in real-time.
- Frontline Engagement; which, through a personalised dashboard, enables contact centre staff to track and analyse their own performances, empowering them to self-coach using actionable insight.
These two products will allow M&S’s Chester-based Customer Sales and Service Centre (CSSC), which responds to over 11 million customer contacts per year, to deliver the best possible service. This is thanks to Rant & Rave’s sentiment engine, a platform which understands verbatim customer feedback, whether through voice or written text, in real-time, removing the need for arduous, multi-question surveys.
By implementing Rant & Rave’s platform, M&S will have instant access to real-time feedback across all contact channels for both UK and international customers. The M&S customer insight team (CIU) will then, for the first time, be able to integrate this data seamlessly with all feedback received through other channels, such as in-store surveys, social media interactions and the website. All customer feedback will then be fed directly into the M&S senior management team to create a holistic view of all customer responses, effectively generating one detailed view of their customers. Through this process M&S will be able to make informed, customer-driven strategic decisions across the business.
Jo Moran, Head of Customer Service at M&S said:” As we continue to transform M&S into a digital-first retailer, we have chosen Rant & Rave as a new partner across our Customer Sales and Service Centre Estate. Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do is a real differentiator for M&S, especially as we look to grow our digital offer in an increasingly competitive retail market. The insight from the real-time customer feedback will help M&S become more relevant, more often to its customers as we listen and respond to their feedback in a faster and more streamlined way than ever before.”
Kenny Bain, CEO of Rant & Rave, said: “We are delighted to be working with a retailer as well-known and trusted as M&S. As consumer attitudes to brand engagement shift, it’s crucial that businesses are equipped with the right tools to enable them to engage with their customers across a multitude of channels. By allowing M&S to understand and action real-time feedback, it will be able to continue to develop relationships with its customers and understand how they want to shop with them, generating loyalty and long-term business success.”
About Marks & Spencer
In November 2017 Marks & Spencer set out a transformation programme for the business concentrating on Restoring the Basics, Shaping the Future and Making M&S Special.
Under this transformation programme, Making M&S Special, M&S has to date announced:
- A slowdown in the Simply Food store opening programme
- An acceleration of the UK store estate closure programme
- The sale and franchise of its retail business in Hong Kong and Macau
- A new Technology Transformation Programme
- Improvements to its Clothing & Home Logistics Network
- The restructure of the Customer, Marketing & Digital Team
- New customer insight partnership with Starcount
- The appointment of a new Food Managing Director
- The merging of its Retail & Property functions
- A New leadership team responsible for overhauling Clothing & Home business
- The announcement of the start of a programme to create a family of businesses under the M&S brand
- The appointment of two new Non-Executive Directors to its Board
- A strategic partnership with Microsoft focused on transforming the retail experience
- A new strategic partnership with Octopus to supply energy and services under the M&S Energy brand
- The launch of Founders Factory Retail, a JV focused on investing in start-ups
- The creation of a Retail Data Academy with Decoded to upskill over 1000 colleagues
- A partnership with True to gain access to the latest enterprise-ready technologies and innovations